Time: 09:00-10:00 GST (Dubai)
Venue: Canada Pavilion, COP28 Blue Zone
Organisers: Powering Past Coal Alliance, Southeast Asia Energy Transition Partnership & Climate Investment Funds
This event will bring together key government figures delivering the transition away from coal in the Southeast Asia region and the international partners working to support them.
The panel will identify the challenges in delivering managed coal phase-out in the region and explore how international experiences can be used to generate solutions. It will also outline financial and technical support available to countries to deliver coal phase-out in just and fair manner while accelerating the deployment of renewables.
The event will showcase the role of Canada as international leader on coal phase out and just transition at home and abroad through signature international initiatives such as the Powering Past Coal Alliance, Southeast Asia Energy Transition Partnership and Climate Investment Funds Accelerating Coal Transition program.
- Catherine Stewart, Canada’s Climate Change Ambassador
- Nizhar Marizi, Director of Energy Resources, Mining, and Mineral, Ministry of National Development Planning (Bappenas), Republic of Indonesia
- Jie Tang, Practice Manager, Energy & Extractives Global Practice, World Bank
- Abhishek Bhaskar, Global Lead, Accelerating Coal Transition Investment Program, Climate Investment Funds
- Isabelle de Lovinfosse, Senior Associate, E3G
- Julia Skorupska, Head of Secretariat, Powering Past Coal Alliance
- John Cotton, Senior Programme Manager, Southeast Asia Energy Transition Programme