SET YOUR GOALS
By joining the PPCA, members make a voluntary commitment to advance coal phase out.
The PPCA encourages all members to endorse the
PPCA Declaration – including a commitment to phase out coal by 2030 in the OECD and EU, and by no later than 2040 in the rest of the world.
National governments that are in the process of developing and implementing ambitious actions on coal phase-out can join the PPCA by committing to:
- Stop building new unabated coal plants domestically;
- Stop providing international finance to unabated coal;
- Set a phase-out date; and,
- Align policies with the Paris Agreement goal to limit global temperature rise to well below 2°C, with efforts to limit it to 1.5°C.
Subnational government members of the PPCA commit to using
all policy and regulatory levers under their authority, and to encouraging national governments, other subnational governments and businesses in their respective countries to phase out unabated coal power in line with the PPCA Declaration: by 2030 in the OECD and EU, and by no later than 2040 in the rest of the world.
Private sector members of the PPCA commit to:
- Electricity suppliers or generators commit to stopping building new unabated coal-fired power plants and to phasing out those that exist, by 2030 in the OECD and EU, and by no later than 2040 in the rest of the world.
- Financial institutions commit to restricting finance and financial services to new and existing unabated coal fired power generation, in line with the PPCA’s Finance Principles.
- Large consumers of electricity commit to powering their operations without unabated coal-fired electricity, by 2030 in the OECD and EU, and by no later than 2040 in the rest of the world.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Want to become a member of the PPCA? Follow the following steps to submit your application to become a member of the Alliance.
If you have any questions about PPCA’s work or how to become a member, please get in touch with the PPCA Secretariat.
Confirm your Commitment
Send a letter or email to confirm your commitment to the Alliance goals.
Identify a contact person that the Secretariat can share news and information about meetings, events, announcements, etc with. We would like to keep our members informed and engaged as the Alliance grows.
Provide a few short points to highlight what your government or business is doing to support coal phase-out.