Join us for an online session at the 2020 Investor Summit on Climate Risk
When? Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT (Eastern time US and Canada), 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM BST (London)
Where? Online, please register here
Once you fill out the registration details, look for the Discount Code box right above the “Pay and Register” button and enter PPCAGUEST. With this code, you will not be charged any participation fee.
The financial sector is a key player in driving the global transition to clean energy that is required to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement. At the centre of this transition is the Powering Past Coal Alliance – an unprecedented partnership of governments, financial institutions, companies and civil society actors. In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, investors have clearly identified the opportunity to accelerate recovery while tackling the climate crisis and emerged as strong advocates of green recovery packages that create a more sustainable, resilient future for All.
Participants of the session will:
- Hear from Canadian and United Kingdom Ministers on notable new financial institution PPCA signatories and initiatives, and the role for investors in the run up to COP26.
- Identify how market-leading financial officials and practitioners are taking concrete steps to align financial services and investments with the Paris Agreement.
- Listen to speakers discuss the compelling rationale for no longer investing in coal power and switching investments to clean energy – especially in the context of responses to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Explore the technical, institutional and collective challenges in implementing ‘coal-free’ policies and the opportunities for market participants to work together in solving them – including how to get involved with the PPCA and align with the Alliance’s Finance Principles.
- The Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson, Canada’s Minister of Environment and Climate Change
- The Right Honourable Kwasi Kwarteng, the United Kingdom’s Minister of State for Business, Energy and Clean Growth
- Guy Cormier, President and Chief Executive Officer, Desjardins Group
- Dr. Thierry Corti, Head Sustainability Risk Management and Director, Group Risk Management, Swiss Re Management Ltd
- Sriya Sundaresan, Senior Analyst, Co-head Power and Utilities, Carbon Tracker
- Helen Wildsmith, Stewardship Director, Climate Change, CCLA
Mindy Lubber, CEO and President, Ceres