Information About Us
Our Site, poweringpastcoal.org, is operated by Third Generation Environmentalism Ltd (E3G), a company registered in England and Wales (no. 5158916). Our main registered address is 47 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0ES, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 853 8365 94.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy detailed below.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual Property Rights
You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which any reliance should be placed. The Powering Past Coal Alliance is a joint project which is headed by the United Kingdom and Canadian Governments. It does not express opinions of its own. The opinions expressed in our publications and other website content are the responsibility of the authors. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely, at any time, for instance, for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Our Liability and Disclaimers
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, including, but not limited to, any implied term of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and any standard of reasonable care and skill.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Your use of our site is at your sole risk. Our site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we do not guarantee that our site will be suitable for your purposes or requirements. If your computer does not support relevant technology, including encryption, you may not be able to use certain services or access certain information on our site. We will not be responsible for any failure of electronic messages or images (whether via the internet or SMS) sent through the service to reach your intended recipient on the date specified by you.
Our site is accessed via the World Wide Web which is independent of us. Your use of the World Wide Web is solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. We do not represent that our site is appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom. We shall have no responsibility for any information or service obtained by you on the World Wide Web.
The content of our site has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice. We use reasonable care in compiling and presenting the content of our site, but we give no guarantee that the content is complete, accurate, error or virus free or up to date.
We do not assume any liability, or responsibility, for any content uploaded or otherwise transmitted by you or any third party to our site.
Information About You and Visits to Our Site
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 may have been committed and we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to Our Site
You may link to our site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards.
It is sometimes possible to access our site through a link located on another web site or within a third party email communication. We do not make any representations, or endorse any products, materials, companies or individuals that provide a link to our site or make any warranties with respect to any information contained in or at these other sites or third party email communications.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to the [email protected].
Links from Our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, do not endorse and are not liable for any content advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Any dealings by you with any third party on or through our site shall be solely between you and that third party and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from any such dealings, nor shall we be deemed to be acting as an agent for you in any such dealings.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact Mike Cherrett.
Website Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website poweringpastcoal.org (our site).
This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use above.
Our Site, poweringpastcoal.org, is operated by Third Generation Environmentalism Ltd (E3G), a company registered in Engladn and Wales (no. 5158916). Our main registered address is 47 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0ES, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 853 8365 94.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use detailed above;
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party relating to our site.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Polls and feedback forms.
- Registration and application forms
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which are contributed to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
They must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter.
The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site.
When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as you shall be deemed to have accepted them by your continued use of our site. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.